- Keep the dressing on for one hour and then remove carefully.
- Immediately wash with soap and water and rinse in cold water, pat dry. Do Not Rub.
- If possible (clean environment etc), leave uncovered for thirty minutes or so.
- Apply ‘Bepanthen’ cream (warming the cream in a mug of hot water makes it easier to apply).
Up to three days:
- Wash the area at least twice a day, applying Bepanthen after patting the area dry.
- Bepanthen should be applied 2-3 times a day for 2 or 3 days, no longer.
Up to two weeks:
- Don't soak your tattoo in hot bath water as this will dry it out; showering is ok.
- Allow any scabs to shed naturally. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH no matter how much it itches.
- Avoid strong sunlight, swimming, sunbeds, hot tubs and saunas for at least 2 weeks.
At all times:
- Do not scratch it!
- Any coverings, day or night, should be clean - and lightweight if possible.
- Everyone heals at a different rate, and each person's healing rate depends on their health and environment.
- A tattoo is for life, so when in doubt: do not rush it.
- During the two week healing period, moisturising should not really be necessary.
- Do not even consider this until at least a week has passed!
- If you feel that the area needs this, an unscented, additive-free aloe vera moisturising cream can be used. Remember the ban on rubbing still applies, so apply gently.